11/12/07

brain twins

I went to see my political science professor. We talked for a while about my paper, and then for a while about my grade, and then for a while about what I want to be when I grow up. Also we talked about how I nearly failed all of my classes when I was a freshman. He wanted to be in the foreign service as an undergrad and grad student, and even took the test six times. When he finally passed, though, he realized that his wife didn't really want to globetrot for the next twenty years, so he didn't pursue it.
It makes me wonder about my life's course. Christensen said "my greatest ambition and highest career goal was to join the foreign service, but then I was married and it just wouldn't work out." Now he is a great teacher. I guess it all works out in the end whether you do what you really wanted to or do what you were meant to do.

1 comment:

Natalie Jane said...

You're meant for great things. I know it.