12/6/07

it is true what you said

that i live like a hermit in my own head

I was looking through my music to try to figure out what i wanted to listen to, and I realized that just like comfort food, grilled cheese, mashed potatoes, chicken noodle soup, green bean casserole, there is comfort music. It's not too healthy, but it makes you feel better about life. Makes you feel warm inside and at home.

I walked down the stairs and saw two people sleeping against the wall, one's body mirroring the other. I don't think that they even knew one another, their common bond was that of the tired student. My comfort music is death cab for cutie for some reason.

2 comments:

Natalie Jane said...

i have comfort music too. but it depends.
if i feel sad about life: "vienna" by Billy Joel and the Garden State soundtrack. Also Sufjan.

if I'm mad and dont want to feel sad anymore: Le Tigre...

austinmcraig said...

I Wish by Skee Lo is like Ice Cream. Also, 90's rock is like frozen food. In the Meantime by Spacehog is a really great corndog.