1/15/08

substantial

I haven't written anything substantial in a while, so tonight I will write something great.

Now that I have no homework I have to find something else to master. At the moment, Guitar Hero II appears to be the most viable candidate. It has that inevitable feeling to its candidacy. It draws me in each day, after work I can't help but turn on the playstation and pick up my axe. I'm not sure that it is the best use of my time, but at least it's not the internet, right?

Mitt Romney won Michigan, hope that it wasn't tainted by this, it's tomfoolery I tell you.

I am not a huge fan of the GOP right now. I love morals and all, in fact I have quite scrupulous ones, I just feel that it is as important to encourage equality, fairness, the rule of law, the limitation of power, the support of the poor, and the honor of hard work. I can teach my kids that they shouldn't have sex before they are married, should not have or sponsor abortions, and should love their neighbor. I want the government to teach them math and science, and responsible citizenship. I think it's cool if you agree with me. I think it's ok if you disagree. But please don't throw me in a convenient pile because I think that unions and a minimum wage are good ideas.

When I was four or five years old, I had a tonsillectomy. I could not eat solid food for more than a week, and after a short time I refused to eat liquid food as well. My grandmother flew up to see if she couldn't help my mom take care of me while I was recovering. No food, other than Teddy Grahams that my grandmother fed to me one by one, could sate my hunger. From then on, I knew them as Grammy Bears. Now, much like grilled cheese, they are a food that I can always eat.

2 comments:

austinmcraig said...

Oh. You're one of those.
%100 Kidding.

Natalie Jane said...

grammy bears.
thats the most adorable thing i have ever heard.