7/5/08

let freedom bling

I woke up in a bit of a panic, my alarm had gone off much earlier and I thought that I had missed the parade. Looking out the window, I saw that the majority of the grass covered by cheap white lawn chairs, occupied in odd patterns of two or three here and there. There was still plenty of space, so I laid back on the couch and fell asleep once again. An hour or so later, I woke up afraid again. Many more chairs were full, and the remaining lawn space was taken up by blankets both occupied and unoccupied. 

What I'm trying to say here is that the fourth of July was really great. We saw a lot of awesome floats and tanks and stuff. And a lot of fireworks. And rode our bikes. And went swimming. And rode our bikes. And grilled. And smiled. 

Keep on loving summer, it'll love you back. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex and Mitch said...

so glad i got to share this wonderful 4th with you. although you did spend most of your post discussing the part I wasn't at. Where was the massage train? Was that not a note worthy moment?