6/16/08

sometimes my eyes go out of focus when i am reading or writing, especially when it is this late. as the saying goes, i'm tickling the late night keyboard once again. 

this means that i'm highly likely to avoid doing the homework that I should be doing and instead write a great blog post about the foreign service and the associated studying that 
goes on while preparing to take the foreign service exam. the reading list says this:

"Given this breadth, it is difficult to provide a definitive reading list that will prepare a person for the Foreign Service selection process, and for a Foreign Service career. Nonetheless, the reading list below illustrates the kinds of books and readings that can set you in the right direction. "

One of the books listed: "Atlas of the World." 

That means that I should be much better versed in history and geography if  I am going to have a chance at this thing. There are a lot of awful smart people out there, and they probably aren't blogging at 2:28 in the morning. But I am, and so it goes. 


This post will signify a transition in my blogging, where I use capital letters again. I think they've been gone from my life for long enough, so I am inviting them back in, as well as inviting in touch typing. And more friendships. And more swimming. And hot weather. And Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. And Mitch Hedberg. And summer jams. And more biking. And new bike parts. It's a party in my heart, and everything and everyone fun is invited. We'll try to keep the not fun at bay for as long as possible. You should try it too, it's surprisingly liberating. Here's a picture of me feeling liberated:

B-rad is there too. Everyone is invited, you see. Get happy. Wear some type of clothes that you have never worn before. Try something that you've never tried before. Summer is the time for reinvention and remedial fun. Get outside, ASAP. 

1 comment:

The Axeman said...

hay-ay! dude, i wanna start swimming, too. let's do it together. in every way possible. and maybe i can talk you into listening to rock again since you seem to be drowning in electronica. whoa-oh! does that count as an extended metaphor? even if not, it's a beautiful way to wrap up a comment pulling it full circle and shit.